West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited Recruitment 2016
West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Assistant Engineer through recruitment notification . Candidates who have completed B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL).
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Assistant Engineer Job on or before 10/3/2016. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL)
Vacancy Name : Assistant Engineer
Educational Qualification : B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc
Total No of Vacancy : 60 post
Salary : Rs.15,600 – 39,100/per month
Job Location : West Bengal
Last Date to Apply for this job : 10/3/2016
Address for the Job Vacancy :West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited,West Bengal
Selection Procedure :
- Candidates can apply on or before 10/3/2016.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2016 score of the candidates in the concerned disciplines. The Graduate Engineers from the relevant disciplines, willing for taking up a career with WBSEDCL are required to appear in GATE-2016 in the appropriate disciplines and required to appear for corresponding GATE papers as mentioned below
- Only GATE-2016 score is valid for this recruitment exercise in WBSEDCL under this notification. Score from GATE-2015 or from any previous GATE examination is not valid.
- On the basis of GATE-2016 score, the candidates will be shortlisted in 1:3 ratio (categorywise) for Personal Interview. (For assessment of knowledge, skill, attitude and aptitude).
- Candidates will have to essentially qualify in GATE-2016 examination. In addition, candidates will have to qualify in Personal Interview successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection.
- Final Merit list will be prepared based on GATE-2016 score and score obtained by the candidate in Personal Interview. Merit will be prepared discipline-wise. Final Merit List shall be prepared based on the weightage assigned to various parameters as per the following:- SI No. Parameters Full Marks Weightage 1 GATE-2016 Score 100 80 % 2 Personal Interview 25 20 % Total 125 100 % Students in the final semester of the qualifying course of study are also eligible to apply through GATE-2016. If such candidates are shortlisted for interview and they do not possess qualifying degree (B.E/B.Tech etc) at the time of interview their candidature will be considered provisional subject to submission of documentary proof of having completed all requirements of completing the qualifying degree (BE/B.Tech etc) by 31. 08.2016. if they fail to submit the document by 31.08.2016 their candidature will be summarily rejected and no communication/consideration will be entertained in this regard.
How to apply ?:
- General Instructions: 1. The last date of online application is 10.03.2016 (Midnight).
- No hand-written application will be entertained.
- Registration Slip with more than one WBSEDCL’s CHALLAN Copy will be rejected.
- The candidature of such candidate whose registration slip along with documents is received after 15.03.2016 shall not be considered. WBSEDCL will not be responsible for any kind of postal delay and loss in transit
- Candidates will be allowed to appear for the Personal Interview with the Call Letter and not with the Registration Slip. 6. Candidates should retain Applicant’s copy of CHALLAN and a photocopy of their Registration Slip for future reference.
- WBSEDCL reserves the right to cancel / restrict / enlarge / modify / alter the recruitment process, if requires, without issuing any further notice, reference or assigning any reason thereafter.
- Candidate employed in Govt. Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies shall have to produce NOC at the time of interview. Otherwise their candidature may be cancelled at that stage. 9. In case of any ambiguity / dispute on account of interpretation in versions other than English, the English version will prevail.
- Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be in Kolkata.
- While applying for the above posts, the applicant must ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility including academic and professional qualifications as per advertisement and other norms mentioned above. In case, it is detected at any stage of recruitment / selection (i.e. interview/ verification of documents etc.) that a candidate does not fulfill the prescribed eligibility norms and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect / false / wrong information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his / her candidature will automatically stand cancelled ab-initio. If any of the above shortcoming(s) is / are detected even after appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated without any notice. No application/prayer for relaxation of eligibility norms will be entertained by the company. 11 | P a g e
- The candidates are requested to go through the layout of qualifications and other particulars carefully before registrations, depositing examination fees and sending other documents.
- It will be the candidate’s prerogative to ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria before applying.
- Candidates must remain in constant touch with company’s website www.wbsedcl.in at Career @ WBSEDCL for information regarding dates of Personal Interview etc.
- Category [SC / ST / OBC (A) / OBC (B) / Physically Challenged etc] as submitted in the application cannot be changed thereafter and no benefits of reservation applicable to any other category reservation will be subsequently made admissible to them at any stage of the selection process. Category as mentioned at the time of submission shall remain unaltered during the recruitment process. Before filling up category, candidates must ensure that he/she actually belongs to SC/ST/OBC (A)/OBC (B)/PH category etc.
- All correspondence with candidates shall be done through E-mail / SMS only. All information regarding interview call letters etc. shall be uploaded in Company’s website and will be provided to the concerned candidate through E-mail / SMS. The candidates will be responsible for receiving, downloading and printing admit card / interview call letter / any other information. WBSEDCL will not be responsible for any loss of E-mail / SMS sent, due to invalid / wrong E-mail ID / Mobile No. provided by the candidate or for delay / non receipt of information if a candidate fails to access his / her mail/mobile in time.
- No request for change of Personal Interview date shall be entertained.
- If the SC / ST / OBC (A) / OBC (B) / Physically Challenged certificate has been issued in a language other than English / Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the certificate either in English or Hindi.
- ] Only original Registration Slip (no photocopy) shall be accepted. In case of any overwriting or tampering of Registration Slip, the candidature of the candidate shall be rejected automatically.
- Application Form not properly filled in or incomplete in any respect or without requisite documents would be summarily rejected. Willful suppression of any material fact will also be similarly dealt with.
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
- Candidates must fulfill the essential qualification as per layout as shown herein. Candidates who are going to appear in final qualifying degree examination in 2016 may also apply. If such candidates are short-listed for interview, they will have to submit documentary proof of qualifying degree (BE/ B.Tech etc) examination by 31st August 2016.
- WBSEDCL shall take no responsibility in case of failure in registration, failure to download Call Letter for appearing in the Personal Interview.
- This is to be noted that mere submission of application or receipt of Call Letter or appearance in Personal Interview does not guarantee selection / appointment in the respective post. Selection of candidates will be made strictly based on merit position, available vacancy, verification of original documents / certificates, clear police verification report and medical test.
- Mobile No. & E-mail ID once given cannot be changed by the candidate under any circumstances. All correspondence / communication / information to the candidates will be made through their Mobile No. / E-mail ID registered during online application. Candidates are advised to regularly check Email/ Sms. Candidates are further advised to regularly visit WBSEDCL’s website (www.wbsedcl.in) to get updated information. 12 | P a g e HELPLINE /HELPDESK FOR CANDIDATES: 9674524077
- Fees once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances. No other mode like Postal Order/Pay Order/Demand Draft etc. for submission of application fees will be accepted.
- In case of multiple registrations by a candidate the last registration will only be considered for subsequent processing.
- Only full time Regular courses will be considered. This shall include School examinations (Class X and XII), all Diploma(s) and Graduation.
- In case of tie in score (combined) for any post, for determining merit position under this Notification, the following methods will be adopted by WBSEDCL:- a) In case of two or more candidates scoring equal marks (combined): The candidate senior in age will be given preference. b) If the aggregate/combined marks (i.e GATE-2016 Score+ Viva-Voce/Personal Interview Score) and also the date of birth be same: The candidate scoring higher in written examination will be given preference. c) If the aggregate, date of birth and combined score as detailed above are same: The candidate having higher score in Viva-Voce/Personal Interview will be given preference.
Intimation for Personal Interview will be sent in due course.
- How to Apply: Eligible candidates have to apply through online registration system of WBSEDCL i.e. www.wbsedcl.in at Career @ WBSEDCL. No other means / mode of application shall be accepted. Online submission of the applications will be allowed on the website between 10.02.2016 to 10.03.2016 (Mid Night). While applying on-line, candidates should have the following particulars readily available: 1.Candidates must have a valid E-mail ID. The Company may send information for downloading Call Letter-Provisional for Interview through the registered E-mail ID only. Under no circumstances he / she should share / mention Application No. to / or any other person. 2. Fees should be deposited in any branch of United Bank of India through a Triplicate CHALLAN. After filling up his / her Personal bio-data and professional qualifications, etc., the candidate will download / print the CHALLAN from the Fee CHALLAN TAB of online Application Form and will take a printout of the same in A4 size paper and deposit it in any branch of United Bank of India along with application fees. Bank will charge an additional amount as Bank’s Service Charge. No fees is required to be paid by the SC / ST /PH/ Exempted Category candidates. Applicants shall attach a recent passport size colour photograph(Mandatory),Bank payment challan copy (WBSEDCL),age proof, Caste certificate (if applicable), Disability certificate (if applicable), and necessary documents in support of eligibility by going to next screen and clicking on respective tab for uploading or alongwith hard copy of the application which is required to be sent to WBSEDCL. 3.After depositing fees, bank will provide Transaction ID and SOL ID which are required to be written at the proper place in the Application Form by the candidates. One copy of CHALLAN will be retained by the bank and two copies of CHALLAN will be handed over to the candidate by the bank. The candidate will retain Applicant’s Copy of CHALLAN. WBSEDCL’s copy of CHALLAN to be attached/sent by the candidate along with a copy of Application form and other credentials. Candidates should send hard copies of the specified documents through ordinary post. It is advisable that, before leaving bank counter, the candidates should check / ensure that the SOL ID and Transaction ID’s are clearly written on the paid challan. 4.Money Order / Postal Order or any other mode of payment is not acceptable. 5.The paid fees CHALLAN (wherever applicable), valid E-mail ID, Mobile No, photograph and scanned signature are mandatory data without which online registration will be treated as incomplete/invalid. 6. Valid GATE-2016 Registration Number as received from GATE-2016 authority and securing qualifying marks in GATE-2016 exam is mandatory. On being satisfied that the candidate is eligible to appear for the Recruitment Process they should follow the following steps enumerated below:- : Pre-Requisites for Online Registration: The candidates are advised to use IE 7.0 (Internet Explorer) & Google Chrome (Web Browser) and above, ensure that Java Script is enabled and Pop-ups are allowed in the browser on PC / Laptop / Desktop being used for Online Registration.