Rules to be followed during cyclone
Because of NADA cyclone alert, Public is requested to follow certain rules at the time of cyclone.
- Your radio television to be on and listen to the latest weather warnings. Pass the known information to others too.
- Please pass only official information which you got from TV/Radio to others.
- Keep your windows and doors away from strong winds to break
- Be away from any other locations or low lying places which may swept away from storm waves and tides.
- Keep away your house away from floods and high tides from rivers or any other well.
- Because of high water alert in areas where floods occur due to heavy rains.
- Your extra food specially things which must be eaten without cooking or any other preparation.
- Store extra drinking water in suitably covered vessel.
- If you are in evacuation areas, please move your main articles to upper floors for maintaining flood damage.
- Make your children or adults to require for special diets.
- Try to be careful from insect bites, snakes and carry away stick in rain water.
- Try to be safe from fallen power lines.
- People should keep away from disaster areas unless you are required to assist.
- Cars, buses, Lorries and carts should be driven carefully.
- Its advised not to go outside until announced safe
- Avoid to believe rumors
- Don’t give shelters until informed to rescue personals.
- Don’t leave the safer place during lull
- Please don’t allow children to go out at the time of Cyclone period.
- Please don’t touch any dangling and loose wire from lamp post