Old cash notes are now can be exchanged
- Even now old cash notes are now to be exchanged.
- Central reserve bank announced that new facility of old notes to be exchanged for Indian citizens who are residing abroad.
- Old notes can be exchanged in Reserve Bank Offices from Monday to Friday and from 10.00 AM to 2.30 PM.
- Deadline facility is now fixed as 30th June for Indians who are staying abroad.
What documents are needed to exchange old cash notes
- Copy of the passport
- Identity Proofs: Aadhar Card
- Copy of PAN Card
- Copy of bank savings account transactions from 8th November 2016 to 30th December 2016.
Who are the people who cannot use this facility?
Indian who has hold foreign citizenship, Indian generation settled abroad and Indians who stay in Pakistan, Nepal and Bhutan.
A maximum limit for exchange – only up to Rs. 25000/-.
While coming back from abroad to India and cash up to Rs 25000 can be transacated in customs toll gate. Even more if you are giving more than Rs. 25000/-, say Rs. 1 Lakh, you can get only Rs. 25000/-