How to prepare Pineapple Payasam
- 2 cups Pineapple
- ½ cup Sugar
- 3 cups Medium thick coconut milk
- 1/2 cups Condensed milk
- A pinch of Salt
- 2 pinch Dried ginger powder (Chukku)
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom (Elakka) powder
- 1tsp Ghee – (optional)
- 10 no’s Cashew nuts (optional)
- 2 tsp Yellow color (Mix one pinch into 2 tsp of water)
- Chop pineapple into fine pieces.
- Finely Chopped pineapples are to be cooked with one cup of water with 2 tbsp of sugar
- When it gets cool, grind the cooked pineapple into a fine paste.
- Take a wide pan and add sugar to the pineapple past and sauté it for 10 minutes
- Add yellow food color to the pineapple paste.
- Boil them for 5 minutes.
- In order to balance sweetness add a small pinch of salt
- Now add coconut milk to the pineapple mixture and boil well then stir it continuously
- When it start to boil add condensed milk to this
- Increase or decrease the quantity of sugar and condensed milk.
- Remove it from the gas and add the cardamom powder
- Close the pan for half an hour to keep the flavour of the payasam.
- If needed then add cashew nuts (fry them in ghee and add) add pineapple essence and serve.