How to prepare Parippu Pradhaman
1/4 cup Moong dal
1 tblsp Channa dal
1 big Coconut (grate the same and keep aside)
3/4 cup Jaggery
Sliced coconut bits
1 tblsp Ghee
1 Velchi banana
1. Add 1 cup water to the grated coconut, pulse it in the mixer for 3-4 seconds. Extract the 1st coconut milk, keep aside.
2. Add 2 cups of water to it and pulse the mixer for 4-5 seconds and extract the second milk. Keep it aside. Your first and second coconut milk is ready.
3. Dry roast the moong dal and channa dal separately till it becomes golden brown (do not burn). Soak them in water for 5 minutes.
4. Wash and add 2 cups of water and pressure cook the same for one whistle.
5. Remove from the cooker, add the second milk and boil for 10 minutes.
6. Melt the jaggery with little water, remove the impurities, if any and add to the boiling mixture.
7. When it is blended nicely, boil for another 10 minutes.
8. Add the first coconut milk , cardamom powder and remove from gas. After adding first coconut milk, do not boil.
9. Garnish with cashew and coconut bits fried in ghee.
10. Serve hot or cold as you wish with Velchi Banana pieces.