Chief Minister inaugurates new red buses
Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, E. Palanisamy, inaugurates the function of the additional new 555 buses to the present public services were procured on behalf of the State Transport Corporations. New buses are now bright red in color unlike buses already in service. Its expected to grab better attention from public.
State Government of Tamil Nadu through its 8 Transport Corporations, operates 21678 buses. Around 1.74 crore passengers avail these services.
To meet expected demand from public for additional service, 555 new buses to have been procured at cost of Rs 140 Crores and these buses are alloted under:
- Chennai Metro Transport Corporation – 56
- Villupuram Government Transport Corporation – 82
- Salem Government Transport Corporation – 11
- Coimbatore Government Transport Corporation – 140
- Kumbakonam Government Transport Corporation – 102
- Madurai Government Transport Corporation – 63
This inaugural function was introduced by Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, E. Palanisamy, flagging off 7 buses for public service.