Chennai Weather report with minimum temperatures
Chennai is said to be experiencing winter. Though its not freezing, to bear with 19.7°C doesn’t mean that the climate is too pleasant. Few more days, weather likely to continue until there is a change in wind direction which will induce heat.
When skies are cloudless, there is going to be no way to trap heat. Areas a little away from sea are experiencing colder weather.
- Ennore is close to sea which has seen 18.1 degrees C on Tuesday night
- On Wednesday, there is about 20.7°C temperature in Kattupakkam
- Places which is 27 kms from Marina Beach, the temperature recorded at 15.5°C right on the first day of January and it was 16.3°C on 2nd January
- At Poonamallee, temperature recorded for about 16.5 °C on 1st January and 17.5 °C on 2nd January.
- At northern suburb at Madhavaram, temperature recorded for about 16.0°C on Tuesday and 17.3°C on Wednesday
- At Vellore and few other northern districts when set against Chennai, there is about 4 to 5 degree dip at temperature. They recorded to be about 13.1°C on the night of Tuesday and on Wednesday, it was 12.7°C
- At Nungambakkam on 1st January its all about 19.7°C.
- In Meenambakkam, the temperature decrease to 17.8°C